We have solved one of the greatest pain points for buyers looking to move on from their current home and purchase a new one.
- New Job?
- New family member arriving soon and you need more space?
- Is your child changing schools?
- Fell in love with a unique home that you need to secure before putting your home on the market?
- Need to renovate your existing home before you sell it?
How does the Compass Bridge Loan service work?
Case Study: Mack and Veronika who have really lived the American Dream. Veronica had been the first person in her migrant farming family to go to college. Now in their late 70s, they could no longer do the stairs in their tri-level home and wanted to live out their golden years around their relatives.
A property came up for sale next door to their granddaughter, but all of their money was still tied up in their current home. Luckily, through Compass Bridge Loan Services these buyers were able to connect the couple to one of our vetted bridge loan partners. Homes in that neighborhood don’t come up often, so the ability to act quickly and put in an offer was really life-changing for them.
Thanks to the bridge loan, they’re going to be able to get the new home — and future — they wanted.
And the final bonus: Mack and Veronica won’t have to find the funds to make any payments on the loan for 6 months, thanks to Compass’ exclusive offer with Compass Bridge Loan Services!
How does it work?
Compass Bridge Loan Services gets you access to competitive rates and dedicated support from industry-leading lenders, with the exclusive option to get up to six months of your loan payments fronted when you sell your home with a Compass agent.
What’s a bridge loan?
A bridge loan is a short-term loan that uses the equity from your current home to help you make an offer on a new one, without rushing to sell. A bridge loan is a short-term loan to be used to “bridge” the gap in purchasing a new home while a client’s liquidity is tied up in his/her existing home. A common use for a bridge loan is to act as the down payment on the purchase of a new home, but can also be used to fund the escrow payment or to transform a partial offer into an all-cash offer (to make it more competitive). The bridge loan, thereby, in effect, removes the “sale contingency” or even the “funding contingency”.
Who is this program useful to:
There is a wide range of situations where a bridge loan can be helpful to you. Some of the most common situations are:
- You can’t close on the house you want because your cash is tied up in the equity of your existing home
- Can’t move on an offer as fast as you would like because your equity is currently tied up in your existing home
- Can’t cover the down payment on the house you want and also need additional funds to cover mortgage payments for multiple properties during the transition
- You don’t want to put your existing home up for sale without having a new home secured
- You don’t want to liquidate stock or other assets for tax implications, early withdrawal penalties or other financial considerations
- You are looking to purchase an investment property and want to use the equity in an existing residence or investment property
After months of research, Compass has selected lenders that are offering competitive rates and dedicated service for Compass clients. Already working with a lender you love? No problem. This unique solution to bridge loans lets you choose the provider that works best for you.
No out-of-pocket costs
Work with a Compass agent to sell your current home and get up to six months of your bridge loan payments and other associated costs fronted — an exclusive offering for Compass clients, regardless of the lender you use.*
Is your money tied up in your current home?
If you need to move but your money is tied up in the equity of your current house, a bridge loan can help you secure funding to facilitate the transition to a new home — like for a down payment or mortgage payments. Once your current home sells, you’ll use the proceeds to pay the bridge loan back.
Do you need to move within a specific timeframe?
If you’re relocating for a new job or other reason, a bridge loan can afford you the freedom to move on your own terms and secure a new house when you need to, without having to wait for your old home to sell.
Does your home require renovations or other work?
Whether you’re using Compass Concierge to increase your home’s value, or are making improvements on your own, it may be easier to have construction work done when you’re out of the house. A bridge loan can help you move faster so you’re out of the house while those improvements are being completed.
How it works
- Sign an Exclusive Listing Agreement with your Compass agent to sell your current home — while you work with them to find your next dream home.
- Apply and get approved for a bridge loan with the lender of your choice.
- Ask your Compass agent about getting the first six months of your bridge loan payments fronted.*
- Move into your new home while your Compass agent works to sell your current home.
- When your old home sells, simply use the proceeds to pay back the bridge loan and any fronted monthly payments.
Want to know more about Compass Bridge Loan Services? Or have specific questions about your sale? Reach out to us at email@example.com for more info.